Job Vacancy: Full / Part Time Experience Glassblower
Job Description (PDF)
Application Deadline: 16 May 2014
ROTHSCHILD & BICKERS LTD.
We are an internationally acclaimed manufacturer of hand blown glass lighting based in Hertford. We are looking for passionate, hardworking people to join our team.
We are a small glassblowing studio that focuses on decorative glass lighting. The work is fast paced and varied - we supply hundreds of well known and less well known customers across the world with our well made, high end products. We are a small team (5 full time /3 part time) working out of a clean, purpose designed warehouse & office (open plan, combined). We are dedicated to our work, our standards and the growth of our company. We run a business with lots of different roles/tasks that all staff (including directors) are fully involved with.
Job Title: Full/part time experienced glassblower
Starting salary: Dependent on experience and hours
● 8.30am - 5.00pm
● Monday - Friday (TBC)
Skills needed/responsibilities (training to make our ranges provided):
● Batch producing our products to an extremely high standard. You will require an exacting eye for detail and a passion for well executed craftsmanship.
● The ability to independently free-blow our shades repetitively. See rothschildbickers.com/products Training will be provided and obviously we understand a certain amount of transition time would be expected, but applicants will need a high level of skill.
● You must be experienced and comfortable using rod colour.
● Technical knowledge of furnaces/glory holes and other hot workshop equipment.
● The ability to fit in harmoniously with our existing team.
● Basic computer literacy.
Initial expressions of interest should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org sending us your up to date CV (to also detail training and previous glassblowing experience), photographic examples of pieces that you have made, and professional references (preferably from a glassblowing background.) We will acknowledge receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us within 3 days please re-send your email or give us a call.
We will then call suitable applicants in for a 1⁄2 day trial (expenses will be paid, date TBC) and interview. This will involve a technical glass blowing exercise.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16th MAY 2014